Index of /home/more/2007/05/textmate-wiki
$Revision: 18 $
$LastChangedDate: 2007-06-10 21:15:43 +0100 (Sun, 10 Jun 2007) $
Plain Text Wiki
Plain Text Wiki is a TextMate bundle which allows you to use a directory of
text files as a simple wiki.
The bundle is by Matt Webb <http://interconnected.org/home>.
Download and unzip Plain-Text-Wiki.zip. Double-click on the bundle to install
(the bundle requires TextMate: <http://macromates.com>).
* Create a new directory
* In TextMate, choose 'Create New Wiki' from the menu
Bundles > Plain Text Wiki
* Select your new directory. A file 'IndexPage.txt' will be created and opened
* Reference new pages using CamelCase or [[like this]]. Page names will appear
* To follow a link, put the text cursor over a page name and hit Enter (not
Return to the index page at any time: Type shift+ctrl+i
Insert a list of pages by typing 'pagelist' and hitting tab.
Export as HTML
Choose 'Export Wiki as HTML' from the Plain Text Wiki commands menu. You will
be prompted for a directory where the Web pages will be saved (please make
sure it's empty).
For converting text to HTML, Plain Text Wiki understands Markdown:
To customise the HTML of the wiki, add wiki-styles.css to the project
directory--it'll be copied to the export directory and included.
For more control, add wiki-header.html and wiki-footer.html to the project
directory. Include the string "%s" in wiki-header.html to have that replaced
with the page title on export.
Bugs and issues
Please let me know about any bugs. Patches are welcome!
* The text.html.markdown language grammar, and grammar to underline http-style
URLs, should be included
* Bundle needs to adhere to http://macromates.com/wiki/Bundles/StyleGuide
* Grammar binds to a number of file extensions, but exports only '.txt'
* Fixed Create New Wiki command (which was not working)
* Added 'Insert Page List'
* 'Follow Page Link' now ignores case when looking for a text file to open
* Export now looks for wiki-styles.css, wiki-header.html and wiki-footer.html
* Various bugs fixed in way Export adds HTML links
* Export prompts to replace files in the export directory
More background to Plain Text Wiki: